Most of the items we sell are pretty easy to install. However, we recommend that you contact a licensed installer on anything you are not equipped to handle yourself. Below will cover a few pointers for installing some of our items.
Swings: Are you replacing an already existing swing? If so then you can purchase one of our swings fully assembled with chain and attach to your existing swing hangers. There are some things to consider with this before purchasing.
- Are your current swing hangers usable and if so, are they open ended or closed loop? If they are closed loop our clips that come with our fully assembled swing are included and will clip right to those swing hangers. If they are open ended swing hangers the clips are not needed as you can hook your chain right to the open end of the swing hanger.
- Do you need to replace your swing hangers? We recommend replacing most swing hangers every 2 years or sooner if there is wear. If you need swing hangers, we have several options. Some things to consider with swing hangers are beam size and if you need commercial or residential.
- Are you just replacing your swing seat or just the chain? We offer per piece options as well with instructions on how you can attach them. Please note that replacing just the seat or chain does require tools which you may not have at home.
Accessories: Are you looking at purchasing an accessory like our periscope, telescope or steering wheel? We offer full instructions with these items as well. These items are made for attachment to a wood set. Please keep in mind that the hardware included is for that type of application.
Climbing rocks: Our rocks come in 2 sizes large and small. The hardware included in both sizes is for 5/4 board. We do offer longer hardware for additional purchase as shown in our product instructions.
Have more questions on installing our accessories or swings? You can visit our product instruction page below or feel free to contact us anytime.
Looking to build a commercial pipe swing set? Here are a few suggestions to help in your project.
Use schedule 40 pipe: When building a pipe set you should always use schedule 40 pipe. If you use nonstandard pipe you will likely run into issues finding correctly fitting hardware to continue with your project.
Pipe Size: When it comes to deciding on what pipe size to use, consider the following:
- Are swing hangers available in the size you need? Pipe swing hangers only come in certain sizes so be sure to check the swing hanger sizes available.
- You will need end frame fittings. These are also only available in certain pipe sizes so be sure to check that as well.
Middle frame fitting: You may need a middle frame fitting. The top pipe that you use for your main beam can only span so long before you will need to add a middle frame fitting. You can consult a licensed installer for more information.
Tripod or Bi-pod: When choosing your end frame fittings and middle frame fittings you have the option or 2 leg or 3 leg.
Hardware and accessories: Don’t forget to buy all hardware and accessories that you need to complete your set.
Safety note: Please be sure to consult a licensed installer on all projects.
Pipe Swing Sets are great for commercial settings or if you just want a sturdy set for your backyard. If you do not have a license installer to build one for you, we do sell these types of sets in full. Please feel free to contact Swing Set Stuff Inc. for any questions.
- When having a set installed, we always recommend you get someone licensed and insured with experience in swing set installs.
- Be sure to allow enough space for the set with proper spacing all around the set as well.
- Once your swing set and accessories are installed it’s important to check all hardware and swing hangers making sure nothing seems loose.
- Do a check of all hardware periodically to make sure nothing has worked loose over time from use.
- Be sure that the children using the swing set and the accessories are of proper age.
- Always supervise your children when playing on the swing set and the accessories.
- Make sure to replace residential items every 2 years and sooner if they show wear.
- Keep copies of all instructions and when adding new items to your swing set be sure to follow the provided instructions.
- Always make sure your children are using the accessories as intended and not in an improper way.
Swing Set Stuff Inc. wants your children to enjoy themselves and be safe while doing it! For additional safety information please refer to the following links.